We firmly believe that hearing well is living well especially in times of crisis. Right now we are open to help our patients. This is an everchanging situation, so please do not just “stop” in, please call and schedule an appointment.
We are in a very difficult time right now, so we wanted to let you know what we are doing to stay safe both for our employees and for you, our patients. The CDC recommends doing social distancing whenever possible as an effective way of decreasing the likelihood of transmitting coronavirus. The agency has updated its definition of social distancing to mean “remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.”
- We will schedule appointments to minimize possible contact with other patients in the waiting room.
- We will ask patients to arrive on time for their appointments, rather than too early, since that will minimize the amount of time they spend in our reception area.
- We will advise patients to maintain proper social distancing and if they are more comfortable waiting in their car, we will offer to call or text them when we are ready to seat the patient for the appointment.
- We will take you to a sanitized room while we take care of you.
- We have removed magazines and paper reading materials from our reception rooms as they are not easy to disinfect.
- We are disinfecting each room after each patient and all commonly touched surfaces.
- At some point in the very near future we will be screening all patients using an infrared forehead thermometer. Any patient with a temperature of 100 degrees or above will be rescheduled unless emergency pain, swelling or infection is present.
- These patients will also be advised to call their physician’s office.
We appreciate your patience and thank you for your understanding if some of these new steps might cause a scheduling inconvenience or longer wait times that you are accustomed to in one of our clinics. Your safety and comfort remain our top priorities. If you have questions or special requests, please reach out to us at 718 745-6363
Richard Kaner, M.A. President
Brooklyn Audiology Associates P.C.