Reducing Dementia Risk in Brooklyn, NY
Take Preventative Steps To Keep Your Mind Sharp
Did you know that individuals with hearing loss are at an increased risk for developing cognitive decline and dementia? It’s true. New research finds treating hearing loss is the single most modifiable way to reduce the risk of dementia. While your risk increases with the degree of hearing loss, it is important to note that even mild hearing loss can increase your risk by as much as 200%! If you or a loved one struggles to hear clearly, our audiologists excel at reducing dementia risk in Brooklyn, NY.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is it difficult to hear a conversation when there is background noise such as when you’re in a restaurant?
- Are others asking you to turn down the TV or radio frequently?
- Do you have trouble following a conversation in the car?
- Do you find yourself guessing at words often, sometimes incorrectly?
- Are you uncomfortable in social situations because you are worried about hearing?
- Do you ask others to repeat themselves often, more loudly or slowly?
- Is most of what you hear muffled and difficult to make out, even though it is loud enough?
- Are you cheating by reading lips or relying on situational context?
- Have multiple family members or friends approached you about your hearing?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, you’re not alone! Whether you suffer from slight or significant hearing loss, your cognitive abilities are likely to be adversely affected.
Fortunately, there is hope! According to recent evidence from Columbia University, today’s leading treatment options for restoring hearing can help to slow down or prevent the development of memory loss and dementia. Our full-service hearing clinics work to combat memory loss and dementia by staying at the forefront of modern hearing technology. At Brooklyn Audiology Associates, we are here to help you keep your mind sharp!
Click here to learn more about improving your brain function.
Want to test your hearing now? Take our 3-minute hearing test by clicking here.
Contact Us to Reduce Your Risk of Dementia in Brooklyn, NY Today
Your appointment includes the following:
- We Will Carefully Listen To Your Concerns & Goals
- Thorough Explanation Of Our Process
- Comprehensive Treatment Plan
- Receive A Free Copy Of Richard Kaner's Book, “Break Free Of Hearing Loss”
After your consultation, we will recommend further evaluative testing to get a deeper understanding of your hearing loss and the best rehabilitative methods for your needs.
If you’re ready to experience our 5-star rated hearing care, schedule your hearing consultation today. We can’t wait to meet you!
As the premier audiology practice in Brooklyn, NY, our experienced Doctors of Audiology and team at Brooklyn Audiology Associates also provide 5-star hearing care to patients from Western Queens, Staten Island & Lower Manhattan, NY & the surrounding areas.