Due to the ever changing situation we are faced with as a community, we wanted to give our patients an update. Our office in Bay Ridge is open (by appointment only) (8502 4th Avenue). When we open the other two offices we will update the website. While this is going on we would love to see you in our Bayridge office regardless of your “home” office. We can accept drop offs for device repairs, clean and checks and supply replacement, Lyric replacements, and other urgent hearing care needs. At this time, we have only one Doctor of Audiology. If you have an urgent hearing need, or need a Lyric replacement, we are here for you, however. Please call for an appointment to be seen in order to maintain required social distancing and patient safety. Please call us at 718 745-6363
To all our patients and friends,
We firmly believe that hearing well is living well, especially in times of crisis. We are open to help everyone in our community, whether you are our patient or not. Hearing is too important, especially during a crisis like this. This is an ever changing situation, so please do not just “stop” in, please call and schedule an appointment.
We are experiencing a very difficult time right now, so we wanted to let you know what we are doing to stay safe both for our employees and for you, our patients. The CDC recommends doing social distancing whenever possible as an effective way of decreasing the likelihood of transmitting corona virus. The agency has updated its definition of social distancing to mean “remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings, and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.”
- We will schedule appointments to minimize possible contact with other patients in the waiting room. We are taking every precaution to reduce contact in our office.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and gloves.
- When you check in at the front desk, we have plexi-glass barriers to aid in patient distancing.
- Patients MUST bring and wear a mask to enter the office (it can be a surgical mask, or a hand made mask- something that covers your mouth and nose).
- We will ask patients to arrive on time for their appointments, rather than too early, since that will minimize the amount of time they spend in our reception area. We will be taking patients on time, no waiting.
- We will advise patients to maintain proper social distancing and if they are more comfortable waiting in their car, we will offer to call or text them when we are ready to seat the patient for the appointment.
- We will take you to a sanitized room while we take care of you.
- We have removed coffee machines, magazines and paper reading materials from our reception rooms as they are not easy to disinfect.
- Rest assured, we are disinfecting each room after each patient and all commonly touched surfaces.
- We will be screening all patients using an infrared forehead thermometer, when you enter the practice. Any patient with a temperature of 100 degrees or above, unfortunately cannot be seen and will be advised to call their physician’s office.
- You will be given a Corornavirus (COVID-19) Statement of Understanding that you will acknowledge and sign
We appreciate your patience and thank you for your understanding. If some of these new steps might cause a scheduling inconvenience or longer wait times (for appointments) than you are accustomed to, we apologize in advance. Your health and safety remain our top priorities. If you have questions or special requests, please reach out to us at 718 745-6363
OUR PATIENT SAFETY IS OUR #1 CONCERN.
To further reduce contact in the office, if you prefer, you can have an online virtual consultation. In addition, we have added an online hearing screener program reduce your time in office. etc. all to keep contact as minimal as possible
We would also like to acknowledge and offer sincere condolences to those that have lost loved ones and friends during this health crisis.
Richard Kaner, M.A. President
Brooklyn Audiology Associates P.C.